Dental cleaning and hygiene
Cleaning teeth from calculus and plaque: stages and new technologies
Every person's oral cavity contains many bacteria - according to recent studies, there are about 200 billion different microorganisms in one gram of saliva. If hygiene procedures are carried out poorly or in insufficient quantities, then the bacteria are able to actively multiply, settle on the teeth, gum tissue and tongue in the form of plaque. If it is not promptly removed, then without cleaning the soft plaque hardens and turns into a dense stone, which is no longer possible to get rid of at home. It is plaque and stone that are the main reasons for the development of most diseases of the oral cavity, namely, caries, gingivitis and their dangerous consequences.
The goal of comprehensive hygiene, which is carried out in the dental office, is to remove plaque and hard calculus from the interdental spaces, from the surface of the teeth, as well as from under the gums. It is necessary to carry out the procedure every six months - as the deposits accumulate. For patients with sensitive enamel, procedures are prescribed less often - no more than 1 time per year.
Why do you need professional hygiene?
- excellent prevention of dental caries and gum disease,
- elimination of bad breath,
- painless - the doctor uses anesthesia in the form of a gel,
- it is completely safe - it can and should be done even for children from 2-3 years old,
- it takes only 1 hour
- we are working - you are relaxing! A comfortable chair, pleasant music - the procedure will be really pleasant!
We use the latest technology in everything, including in the care of your teeth, prostheses and implants. Modern equipment and preparations have made hygiene methods effective and even enjoyable - many patients compare them with a SPA procedure for teeth. While the doctor is doing his work, you relax in a comfortable chair, listening to pleasant music without unpleasant sensations.
After comprehensive oral hygiene, the condition of the gums is noticeably improved, their inflammation decreases, bleeding decreases, teeth are whitened due to their natural cleansing. Thus, the removal of plaque and calculus is recommended for the treatment of gum disease, as well as for the prevention of tooth decay and inflammation of the mucous membranes, if you smoke or drink a lot of coffee, tea or other drinks / products containing dyes.
What results does professional hygiene allow to achieve?
- effective and complete removal of plaque and hard calculus from the surface of the teeth, from under the gums,
- elimination of the habitat of pathogenic microorganisms,
- elimination of bad breath,
- brightening the enamel up to 2-4 tones by removing deposits,
- removal of yellow pigmented "smoker's plaque",
- protection of teeth from decay, and gums from inflammation, which are caused by pathogenic microorganisms (contained in deposits),
- saturation of tissues with useful microelements through the use of medicinal dressings and fluoride varnish,
- effective enamel cleaning while wearing braces,
- extending the service life of prostheses and implants
All our patients, who regularly undergo complex cleaning of teeth from plaque and calculus, can boast of strong, snow-white teeth and healthy gums!